The Thrill-Seekers Island Adventure
Day 1 Welcome to Réunion Island!
Collect your vehicle and head to your accommodation. This afternoon, a member of our team will meet you for an official welcome and presentation of the days to come.
Day 2 St-Leu - Diving level 1
Level 1 lasts for three days - during this time, at your own pace, acquire the skills expected of a level 1 diver. You will learn how to manage your equipment, how to assemble and disassemble, how to correctly use it on the surface and underwater. Today you perform technical dives 1 & 2.
Day 3 St-Leu - Diving level 1
Learn how to get safely into the water and how to immerse yourself to depths of 6m to 20m deep - discover how to manage your balance and ventilation underwater. Learn how to prevent and correct small incidents which may occur to yourself or your partner underwater. Perform technical dives 3 & 4.
Day 4 St-Leu - Diving level 1
At the end of your level 1 dive training you will master all underwater communication signs and be able to safely carry out advice offered by your guide before, during and after dives. Today you perform your fifth dive and final evaluation to obtain your level 1! Enjoy an afternoon at leisure.
Day 5 The Piton de la Fournaise
It would be strange to travel to the volcanic island of Réunion without visiting the Piton de la Fournaise, one of the most active volcanoes in the world. A rich universe of strange colours, surprising minerals and warped shapes awaits you as you begin your ascent of this unique sheild volcano. Fumaroles and sulphur reveal glimpses of the intense activity beneath the surface. We advise you to begin your hike early in the morning and to follow the recommended paths depending on the conditions.
Activities: Self-guided hiking
(5 to 6 hours of walking;+630m/-630m)
Days 6 to 7 Secure weather window days
Two days at leisure enable you to fully benefit from that perfect weather window when it arrives, for a truly magical experience of Réunion Island from the sky!
- Possibility of a tandem parachute jump with Christophe, a lovely guide who has more than 2700 jumps under his belt ! Prices from 450 €/person. Varies options available.
- Fly over Réunion in a helicopter for a truly unique view of the volcanic island. Multiple possibilities, prices from 95 € to 315 €/person.
Take your vehicle to the Piton Maido view point for a superb view of the Cirque de Mafate on your way to to Cilaos on Day 7.
Activities: Helicopter flight and sky diving
Day 8 Cilaos - Rando & escalade
Early morning departure to the foot of Col de Taibit (2083m) for a day of hiking and climbing with Olivier in the atypical Trois Salazes area. After 2 1/4 hours walking, you leave the trail for a fun, adrenaline pumping 6 hours combining climbing, abseiling and ziplines. A thrilling day in the nature with amazing views of Mafate and Cilaos. No previous climbing experience is required to enjoy this adventure but you must be in good physical condition.
Activities: Hiking and climbing (12 hours)
Day 9 Cilaos - Canyoning
Once again accompanied by Olivier, get ready for a day of canyoning in the beautiful Fleurs Jaunes (Yellow Flowers) canyon. No previous canyoning experience is required to enjoy this adventure but a good physical condition is required and you must be able to swim. Get ready to abseil and jump down waterfalls as you immerse yourself in the beautiful nature of the gorge.
Activities: Canyoning (5 hours)
Day 10 Cilaos - Retour sur la côte Ouest et fin du séjour
After an action-packed adventure, today it is time to head back to the West Coast and return your vehicle.
Period & budget
When to travel?
The best period for travelling is during the following months:
The budget is an indication of the price per person, subject to availability. Your local agent will send you a customized quote with the exact price. The price can vary according to availability, level of services, period of travel, number of participants, booking time frame and other items.
- Accommodation in a 3* hotel with breakfast each morning
- Vehicle hire for 8 days - category B, basic insurance and unlimited mileage
- Canyoning lead by a qualified professional
- A climbing adventure lead by a qualified professional
- A detailed roadbook including, local tips, vouchers and your comprehensive itinerary
- 24/7 phone support during your trip
- Lunches (approx. 8 to 10€/pers. for picnic lunches or 15 to 20€/pers. for restaurant meals)
- Dinners (approx. 20 to 25€/pers./meal)
- Fuel and parking costs
- Transfers to collect/drop-off your vehicle
- International flights
- Repatriation insurance
- Helicopter tour of the island
- Tandem parachute jump with qualified professional
- Single room supplement in hotel accommodation (prices vary, subject to availability)
- Accompaniment by an experienced mountain guide for your ascent of the Piton de la Fournaise
Terms and conditions
- Cancellation received more than 30 days prior to the departure date: No cancellation fees.
- Cancellation received 30 to 21 days before the departure date: 30% of trip price will be retained.
- Cancellation received within 20 days of the departure date: 70% of trip price will be retained.
Changes to travel contract
- Additional driver, from 50 €/rental
- Child seat, from 30 €/rental
- GPS, from 30 €/rental
Budget & exchange
- A cap or sunhat
- 1 or 2 sets of thermals: long-sleeved thermal tops and full-length long johns
- Long sleeved and short sleeved t-shirts, preferably in quick-drying technical material
- 1 light fleece or equivilent (plus extra warm layers for austral winter months)
- A breathable wind proof, waterproof jacket (Gore-Tex...)
- Lightweight waterproof over trousers
- 1 pair of long suitable shorts
- 1 pair of walking trousers (detachable legs ideal)
- A pair of high-rise walking boots with vibram soles - Réunions trails can be rocky and muddy
- A pair of casual shoes for evenings
- Thick walking socks
- Warm gloves, hat and scarf (forJune - September trips and for those which climb up to the cirques or high mountains)
- A swimsuit
- Sleeping bag liner. Sheets and blankets are provided except in the refuge at Piton des Neiges where there are only blankets
- A tupperware box or bowl and cutlery for picnics
- Your personal toiletries - think to use as many biodegradable products as possible.
- Fast-drying microfibre towel
- A watter bottle. Min. 2 litres, light and isothermal
- A good pair of sunglasses (think min. category 3)
- Sun-cream, face and lips
- Head torch and spare batteries
- A pocket knife
- A pair of hiking poles
- A waterproof bag cover (or plastic bags) to protect your belongings
- A rucksack (35-40L or 45-50L) for use as a day bag when hiking. This will contain your (vital) personal belongings for the day, or sometimes for several days. If you buy food on the way and carry only the bare essentials you can carry a small, light bag.
- A larger bag (60-80L) containing the rest of your belongings, those which you do not need with you in the daytime.
Health information & recommendations
- Avoid dropping litter - use bins or carry your rubbish with you.
- Use drinking water sparingly - avoid wasting water, take showers not baths, report leaks, etc..
- Support the preservation of cultural sites - resist the temptation to touch statues, moves stones etc..
- Exchanges are prefarable to donations - generations gifts can destabalize the local economic balance.
- When walking, be aware of fragile ecosystems, observe wildlife from a distance, stick to trails, limit trampling and do not steal from the nature - resist the temptation to pick flowers, collect fossils or stones...
- Some hotels have air conditioning - to avoid excessive energy consumption and greenhouse gas emissions, please use sparingly and remember to cut the aircon when you are not in the room.